Dear GRC and Friends,

The University of Florida and Global Ranavirus Consortium are pleased to
announce the Third International Symposium on Ranaviruses, which will be
held from *30 May – 1 June 2015* at the Hilton University of Florida
Conference Center
<http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-university-of-florida-conference-center-gainesville-GVNCCHF/index.html>
in Gainesville, Florida.  The symposium will be held in conjunction with
the Florida Marine Mammal Health Conference (2 – 4 June 2015) for those
that are interested.  We are in the process of forming various planning
committees (fundraising, presentations and discussions, workshops and field
trips, outreach).  If you are interested in serving on one of these
committees or volunteering during the symposium, please let Jim or me
know.  We are planning to have two days of presentations with a social held
at the Florida Museum of Natural History <http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/>.  On
the third day, there will be opportunities for professional development
workshops (e.g., necropsy/pathology, study design/sample collection,
molecular/genetic techniques) as well as field trips to local natural
areas.  Florida is an international destination for tourism with
opportunities for the entire family (http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us.html).
This fall we will be sending a call for presentation (oral and poster)
abstracts and workshop proposals.  For those that are traveling
internationally, please let me know if you need a letter of invitation for
a travel visa.

In 2013, the Second International Symposium on Ranaviruses was attended by
>100 professionals and students from 11 countries.  We promise to make the
experience in 2015 as rewarding.  We look forward to seeing you in
Gainesville, and will share additional information (including a symposium
website) when it is available.

Please distribute this flyer widely:

http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/2015Symposium/
RanavirusSymposiumFlyer15.pdf

Best regards,

Tom Waltzek and Jim Wellehan

Co-organizers, 2015 International Symposium on Ranaviruses