Good Morning UTK Geographers -

The 2014 Eastern Regional TNGIC (Tennessee Geographic Information Council) Meeting will be held on the Ag Campus October 16th and 17th.  As the planning committee chair, I strongly encourage participation by UTK geography faculty and students.  We are currently recruiting presentations, map gallery submissions and attendees.

The conference on Thursday, October 16th is free though you must register to attend.  It includes a keynote, breakfast and lunch, vendors, presentations and a panel session on Careers in GIS.  This is a great opportunity to present your GIS-related work in a low-key enviroment, network with potential employers and beef up your CV.  There are two, half-day training sessions on Friday that should be of interest.

Attached is a flyer with all the pertinent information.

You can also visit http://www.tngic.org/2014-regionals.htm#East2014 to get all the information.

Please forward this announcement widely to your networks to help me get the word out.

Many thanks -

Kurt Butefish
Coordinator
Tennessee Geographic Alliance