If you experience issues with the display of this e-mail, you can view it at http://www.utk.edu/email/vol-update/2014-07-11/.

Vol Update
July 11, 2014 | Contact Us

News Feed

Welcome to the UT Family, New Vol

Congratulations on becoming a Vol! We’re excited to welcome you to campus in August. Check your e-mail again later this month for one more special edition of Vol Update. Our goal is to give you information to prepare you for your first semester.

What am I reading? Vol Update is UT’s official student e-newsletter that highlights events, reminders, internships, resources, scholarships, and other important campus news. You will receive it every Monday and Thursday during fall and spring semesters.

Checklist: What to Do Before Arriving on Campus

You just completed orientation and now it is time for you to prepare for your first semester at UT. As you make your final list, check the New Vols website for things to do before you arrive on campus.

One Stop: Pay Online, Be First in Line Every Time

It’s your first semester and you have plenty to do—from moving in to your dorm to exploring campus. Be sure to familiarize yourself with One Stop, your in-person, by phone, and online source for financial aid, student accounts, registration, and records.

Online bill payment makes it easy to pay your tuition and fees. Official statements for fall 2014 will be e-mailed to you in early August. Payments are due by 4:30 p.m. August 18.

Reminders

Your First Assignment: First-Year Studies 100 Online Course

Have you started your first assignment as a new Vol? First-Year Studies 100 is a required course for all incoming freshmen. It includes a reading experience and online assignments that introduce you to life at UT and our campus resources.

This year's FYS 100 book is Daytripper, an award-winning Brazilian graphic novel. You can purchase a copy of the book here. You will have an online assignment due August 1 and a required group discussion during Welcome Week. To begin your assignments, visit First-Year Studies

Keep Updated on Campus Projects Through Cone Zone

As construction projects like the new Student Union continue to transform our campus, turn to Cone Zone for the latest updates. Cone Zone helps you navigate campus through updates online and signs along roads and university buildings.

Sign Up for UT ALERT Text Messaging System

Have you heard about UT ALERT? This text messaging system keeps you updated during an emergency on campus and when weather or other circumstances affect our operating and class schedule. Sign up for UT ALERT here.

There's a Map for That: Vol Resources

Looking for someone to talk to or a place to relax? We’ve got a map for that. Vol Resources is a list of places you can go to on campus for academic and student support, student health and counseling services, and chill zones.

The website features an interactive map and contact information, making it easy for you to get in touch with the right person at the right place.

Facebook Facebook Facebook

Extra Awesome

Stay in the Loop with UT App

Need to catch a ride on the T? Want to check your class schedule? Download the UT app! This smartphone app tracks the T buses in real time, connects you with MyUTK, and keeps you in the loop of what's happening on campus.

See You There

Meet Other New Vols During UT Summer Send-Offs

You and your family can meet other new Vol families before you come to campus. The Office of New Student and Family Programs, campus staff, students, and parents of current UT students will be there to meet you. Learn more about these events across Tennessee and around the region.

Sign Up for the Ignite Program

Want to get a jump on getting involved? The Ignite Program is a unique opportunity to come to campus early and learn about involvement and life outside the classroom while meeting other new students and developing leadership skills.

Interested in Greek Life?

Learn about the four Greek councils–Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, and National Pan-Hellenic Council–and ways you can get involved here.

All events are free unless otherwise noted.

Visit the UT Event Calendar for more events and activities on campus.

For more news and updates, visit the UT Current Students page.

Visit go.utk.edu for a list of campus groups and clubs.

Vol Update is an e-newsletter sent for the benefit of current UT students. Submissions are welcome from students, faculty, and staff regarding upcoming events, honors, opportunities, and other news.

To submit an item, complete this form. E-mail us at [log in to unmask] with questions.

Vol Update is published by the Office of Media and Internal Relations in conjunction with the Division of Student Life at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Big Orange. Big Ideas.