Dear List:

As you all know, ranavirus is turning out to be a serious threat to box turtles. In response, we want to further study the immune responses box turtle mount to RV infection. To do so, we need tissue from a few recently-deceased box turtles, especially (but not only) if they were known to be suffering from ranavirus at their time of death. It is important that the tissue be very fresh at the time the samples are taken - within about two hours of death. If anyone has knowledge of where I could get such tissue (wildlife rehabbers, wildlife veterinarians, etc.) please let me know.

Greatfully,
Steve

--
Steve Kimble
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources