The SFE Committee is pleased to announce a revision in the SFE requirements that will we hope will be easier for us all to understand.  In the past, we had a requirement that said:

All projects must have completed at least one cycle and must have been worked on over the past two years.

This requirement caused a lot of confusion and hurt feelings.  We were following the International SFE application, and then realized that the two year rule was there because International takes place every two years.  The purpose of the rule was to make sure that the project was a current one.  So we have changed the Tennessee rule to say:

All projects must have completed at least one cycle and must have been worked on during 2014.

You still must have gone through a complete cycle, but the project can have been started at any time, just worked on in 2014. For example, you could have a plant trial that you plant and harvest in 2014 in the Research category.

We are also pleased to announce the addition to the SFE Committee of Becky Jackson from Dyersburg, TN.  Becky brings a wealth of experience to our table and we are thrilled that she has joined us!

If you have any questions about the SFE rule change, please contact

Suzanne Allen

We will post the 2014 application and instructions this summer.  The deadline is October 31, 2014.