Dear Undergrads:

I wanted to let you know that I will be taking over Geography 441: Urban Geography of the US this summer and I would be happy to have many of you take this course.   If you are interested in the idea of a “Just City” or if you have ever wondered how and why are contemporary cities are divided by race and class then this is a course for you.  Also, if you want to explore contemporary issues around gentrification, urban gardens, urban redevelopment and heritage, or if you just want to gain insight into “the urban” itself, then you should sign up for this course.  It meets during second summer session from 945-1115.   Since it is the summer and we meet everyday we will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities.   Hope you can make it and I look forward to seeing you all in the classroom.  If you have questions please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
JI
Joshua Inwood, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Geography and Africana Studies.
Associate Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Geography

Department of Geography
Burchfiel Geography Building Room 304

Twitter: @JoshGeog

http://web.utk.edu/~utkgeog/newweb/?page_id=388

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Martin Luther King Jr.