Dear Geographers:

It is my honor to share with you some fantastic news.  Associate Professor Ron Kalafsky was just notified today that he will be the 2014 recipient of the Higher Education Distinguished Teaching Award from the National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE).

This award honors those who have made extraordinary contributions to the teaching and learning of geography at the post-secondary level.   A panel of NCGE reviewers evaluated Dr. Kalafsky’s teaching dossier and recommended him for this national recognition.  He will be formally recognized by the NCGE community at an awards ceremony on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM at the Peabody Memphis Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee.

This has been a heck of year for Dr. Kalafsky.,  In addition to this recent NCGE award, he received the 2013-2014 College Teaching Award (Junior Level) and the 2013 Excellence in Teaching Award from the Southeastern Division of the Association of American Geographers.

Well done, Professor Kalafsky. We are very proud of you.

Sincerely,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Professor & Head