Please see email below if any of you guys or gals are interested in helping with the outdoor knoxfest the weekend of April 26th. You can email me ([log in to unmask]) or Georgie ([log in to unmask]) if you wanna help!

This would be a great opportunity to get involved with the outdoor community in Knoxville!

Thanks,

Brian

From: George Kerber <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:26 PM
To: Payne, Brian Douglas
Subject: Outdoor Knoxfest

Greetings,

I hope this email finds you well.  I am writing to inform you of an upcoming event that UTOP is involved with, and we need your help!  Outdoor KnoxFest is two full days of Urban Adventure for everyone from outdoor enthusiast to those who simply love to get out and play. Adventurers can experience Knoxville from a bicycle seat, stand up paddle board, canoe, trail, climbing wall, slack line and more during Outdoor KnoxFest.  The Festival runs Saturday – Sunday, April 26-27.  UTOP is assisting with the paddles on both days.  Saturday there is an open paddle from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM and a group paddle from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM, and Sunday there are 2 group paddles one from 11:00 Am - 1:00 PM and the other from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM.  We will need help with transporting the boats to and from the outdoor center as well as instruction/assisting the participants.  We can use your help regardless of your boating experience.  SOLE staff can use this opportunity to gain hours towards your volunteer project.  This is a great opportunity to support the outdoors in your city, meet other employees in outdoors recreation, and spend the day teaching and helping others.  Here is the link to the Outdoor KnoxFest website for further reading (http://www.outdoorknoxville.com/outdoorknoxfest).  Below are the shifts that we need filled; please email me with your availability and any questions you have.  Even if you can only make a partial shift, let me know, any help is needed, and feel free to sign-up for as many as you’d like.

Saturday April 26

    Open Paddle 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM & Group Paddle 4:00 – 6:00 PM

-      Shift - 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM

-   Shift - 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

-      Shift - 3:00 – 6:00 PM

Sunday April 27

   Group Paddles 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM & 2:00 - 4:00 PM

-       Shift - 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM

-       Shift - 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM

Thanks,

Georgie