Greetings C&Hers,

If you weren’t able to make it to the meeting last night, here is what you missed:

It is a bit long but contains very important information.

There was little attendance at the meeting this week so we have extended nominations for officers until next week and will open elections for the following week.

These are the current nominations:

President - Brian Payne
Vice-President - Austin Eddy
Secretary -
Treasurer -
Community Service Representative - Hayley Moran

If you would like to be nominated for any of the positions you MUST attend the meeting next week (4/9).

At next week’s meeting we are also voting to approve some amendments to the constitution.

Upcoming Events

4/5 (This Saturday) - Ijams Nature Center River Rescue

We will be meeting at UTOP at 9am to load up the canoes to be out on the river by 10.

The event ends at 2 so we should be done unloading the boats by about 3 or so.

If you see your name and you can not go please let me know. You will not get any points for not letting me know, but I would greatly appreciate the notice.

The following people have said they want to go:

Alexis McDonald
Austin Eddy
Brittney Jansen
Greg Hopper
Hannah Brummler
Hayden Howell
Hayley Moran
Hunter Pons
Jordan Cecil
Karsten Solies
Kyle Goodrick
Leslie Turner
Lindsey Morrell
Madeline Shelly
Molly Sullivan
Phillip Goldfarb
Sam Tabor
Sarah Bavoux

4/16 - RecSports End of the Year Cookout 5pm - 7pm

Because the cookout is during our regular meeting time (6:30pm) we will have our meeting at 7:30pm, same place as always.

Free cookout that RecSports hosts at the end of every year.

RSVP here so that they can make sure to have enough food (Dead End BBQ).

4/18-4/20 - Hike the AT from Amicalola to Gooch Gap

Trip Lead by Chris Cahill

1. This will not be an easy hike.  We are on a time-table that wont be too strenuous but if you've never backpacked before, this is not a good trip to start with.
2. We need to be on the road by like 9am on the 18th, latest.  Actually, if we can leave on the 17th I can find us a place to shack-up overnight.

Rough Itinerary:

Apr. 18, 8:30 AM - Meet and greet
Apr. 18, 9:00 AM - Hit the road
Apr. 18, 1:00 PM - Arrive at Amicalola State Park.

Apr. 18 - Amicalola to Springer (8 mi)
Apr. 19 - Springer to Hawk (8 mi)
Apr. 20 - Hawk to Gooch (9 mi)

Apr. 20 PM - Head home. (Expecting to be back by 10 or 11 pm.)

http://www.n-georgia.com/appalach.htm (For your reference, we have a better trail map.)

If you have any questions contact Chris.

4/18-4/20 - Clear Creek Canoeing Trip

There are several important dates prior to the trip.

4/9 - Packing demonstration
	It is highly recommended that you attend the packing demonstration at next week’s meeting so that you can get a first hand look at how best to pack for the 3 day trip down the river.

4/10 - Canoe Training at Aquatic Center 7:30pm to 8:45pm
	It is required that anyone who is going on the trip to go. This is to ensure that everyone understands how to properly row down the river. If you do not know it will be a pretty rough weekend.

4/16 - Final Preparations meeting 7:30pm

4/17 - Meet at UTOP at 5pm to load up the canoes and get equipment for the weekend. Everyone going must go to LOAD your canoe.

4/18 - Meet at 9am in Lot 66 to depart for the weekend.

4/20 - Return to Knoxville

4/21 - Meet at UTOP at 4:30 to UNLOAD canoes and return equipment.

Unfortunately, at this time we only have spots for 14 people (we hope to get a few more canoes but no guarantees) to use C&H and UTOP canoes.

If you have your own canoe or kayak you can be added to the roster, however you must meet with Randy to get approved.

Also, great news, everyone currently on the roster has turned everything in!

If you can drive that weekend please let me know. If you have a “y” next to your name you are approved to drive.

The following is the current roster for those using C&H and UTOP canoes:

Austin Eddy		y
Brittney Jansen
Greg Hopper
Hayley Moran		y
Karsten Solies		y
Kyle Goodrick		y
Phillip Goldfarb
Ryan Wagner		y
Madeline Shelly		y
Molly Sullivan
Shannon Mullane
Leslie Turner		y
Lora Christy
Sam Tabor		y

The following is the current roster for those NOT using C&H or UTOP canoes:

Brian Payne		y
Alex Brelsford		y
Jordan Cecil

Attached is the trip document.

5/2 - End of the Year Party

If you read the entire email I very much appreciate you as it took me a while to compile (hopefully I didn’t forget anything).

If you have any other questions just shoot me an email!

Have a suggestion for a trip? Let us know! Meetings are Wednesdays at 6:30PM outside HSS at the bull statue (HSS Ground Floor when inclement weather).

Greg Hopper
Secretary - C&H

To unsubscribe from the mailing list, write an email to [log in to unmask] containing this message: UNSUBSCRIBE UTCH-L