Happy Spring on this cold and blustery day and have a wonderful holiday
weekend!  Just a reminder that we have MANY events this week and next. All
in Toyota (unless noted) and free & open to everyone!

April 16, Wed., 4 - 6 pm - "Exploring Least-Regrets Resource Planning:  A Forum
on Modeling for Long-Range Power Supply Studies"

Join us and TVA for this look at how a large electric utility structures its energy
portfolio to make the most economic sense, while recognizing future
uncertainty. Join Gary Brinkworth, Sr. Program Manager, Integrated Resource
Plan, TVA, and explore this model. This should be of particular interest to
students and the public interested in sustainability, environment, energy
modeling, economics, and energy policy.

NEXT WEEK!!!

April 21, Monday, 1:30 pm Baker Café - Baker Center Reading Room

Join us for coffee and an informal discussion with Dr. Joe Stainback on "Nuclear
Security - Who Are Our Threats:  Terrorists, Insiders or Nuns?!
 - Research Associate Professor, Department of Nuclear Engineering

April 21, Monday, 5:30 pm - Distinguished Global Security Lecture:  "Iran:
Defender or Disrupter of Regional Security?" Dr. Haleh Esfandiari

Dr. Esfandiari, Director, Middle East Program, Woodrow Wilson International
Center for Scholars joins us to present this talk. Dr. Esfandiari is an Iranian
scholar and journalist and has expertise in Gender, Gender Equality, Women's
Rights, and Middle East and North Africa. Her most recent book is based on her
time spent in an Iranian prison in 2007 and titled, "My Prison, My Home:  One
Woman's Story of Captivity in Iran."  There was wide coverage of this on the
news at the time as Cong. Lee Hamilton worked to get Dr. Esfandiari released.

April 23, Wednesday, 5:30 pm, "An Idea Whose Time Has Come:  Two
Presidents, Two Parties and the Battle for the Civil Rights Act of 1964"  - a
book discussion with author, Todd Purdum and our own, John Stewart (included
in the book)

Todd and John just appeared at the Kennedy Library Forum last week.  Todd
Purdum writes for POLITICO and Vanity Fair and is a former NY Times reporter
and White House correspondent. John was chief legislative aide to Sen. and
Vice President Hubert Humphrey and was very involved in the process of this
Act becoming law.  A book signing will follow. Purdum has also appeared on
NPR's Fresh Air, PBS, and in numerous news magazines and articles.

MORE INFORMATION TO COME -  April 25, Friday, 3:30 pm - UNIVERSITY
CENTER Auditorium - Sec. Ernest Moniz, Distinguished Lecture on Energy & the
Environment.