From: Global Ranavirus Consortium [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Duffus, Amanda
Sent: Tuesday, 04 March, 2014 4:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Amphibian Ranavirus Infections - Input Sought

Dear GRC,

I am in the process of compiling a table of all known Ranavirus outbreaks in amphibians for the upcoming eBook on Ranaviruses that is being edited by Matt Gray and Greg Chinchar.

The table is based on the one in Miller et al. (2001) in Viruses and some of you have already generously contributed to this. I am hoping that you will also contribute to this effort.

Currently, I am seeking new or unpublished reports of ranavirus infections in amphibians.

I am also seeking to flesh out the attached table with general locations (e.g. Provinces and States for Canada and the US). So, if you have provided unpublished information for the Miller et al. (2011) paper and are willing to share general locations, please let me know. (There are questions in the margin to indicate places where further information is sought.)

Additionally, if some of the data provided to Miller et al. (2011) has since been published, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the paper so that I can update the table and references appropriately.

Since this is a GRC initiative, I am hoping that you will take the time to look at the attached table and provide me with comments by Friday March 14th, 2014.

Please make any changes to the attached draft of the table using the Track Changes function in MS word.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Amanda

Dr. Amanda L. J. Duffus, BSc.H. (SSP, Biology), MSc., Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Biology

Insitutional Animal Care and Use Committee - Chair

ASM-BWF Science Teaching Fellow

Secretary/Treasurer of the Global Ranavirus Consortium

Associate Editor - Amphibian Diseases - Journal of North American Herpetology

Assistant Editor - Journal of Wildlife Diseases

Department of Biology
Gordon State College
University System of Georgia
419 College Drive
Barnesville, GA
30204
USA

Tel: (678) 359 - 5464
Fax: (678) 359 - 5850
Office: Instructional Complex (IC) 227

Web Page: http://www.gordonstate.edu/Faculty/aduffus/

Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet - He who feared that he would not succeed sat still. - Horace