Greetings Canoe & Hikers,

If you are reading this off of the Facebook or Go page you can sign up for the emails by following these directions:

To subscribe to this list, write an email to [log in to unmask] which contains this in the body:
SUB UTCH-L (your  name)
Here's what we have planned for the next month.

2/8 Cataloochee

If you need a lift ticket and rentals the cost is $67
if you only need a lift ticket the cost will be $46

We must pay this as a group, so please bring this money with you to the meeting this week.

If you can not come on Wednesday, let me know and we can work something out.

The ski session is from 8:30 to 4:30 and the drive is ~2 Hrs so we will be getting a much earlier start than normal. We will be meeting at lot 66 at 6 AM to leave no later than 6:30. We should be back by around 7-7:30.

The forecast for the rest of the week has some potential for snow so keep your fingers crossed!

Let Kyle know if you have any questions.

2/15 Blue Springs Cave - Our biggest annual caving trip.  Be sure to mark your calendars!

Trip Leader - Randy Bigbee

Signups have started and there is currently a wait list.  If you signed up and are not going to be able to go please let me know as soon as possible.

For more information come to tomorrow's meeting.

2/22 Mt. Leconte Winter Hike - For more information come to tomorrow's meeting.

2/22 Frozen Head Trail Maintenance - Community Service - Help maintain the quality of the parks we visit.

We will meet at Lot 66 at 9:15am and leave for Frozen Head (Wartburg, TN) at 9:30am to arrive at 10:30am.  Depending on weather, we will start working around 10 or 11 in the morning.  We will be working on widening trail, building some rock steps in places, and digging water bars to aid in erosion control.  It is recommended that you be prepared for possible cold weather and wet conditions.  Gloves and tools will be provided, but you will need to bring your own snacks and water.  Each person will also need to fill out a volunteer form and release of liability form in order to use the park's tools.

For more information come to tomorrow's meeting.

March Trips
3/1 Snowshoe Skiing Trip - For more information come to next week's meeting.

If you want to take an alternative trip on one of those weekends just let us know 2 weeks in advance what you want to do and we will get it set up for you.

Have a suggestion for a trip?  Let us know!  Meetings are Wednesday's at 6:30PM outside HSS at the bull statue (HSS Ground Floor when inclement weather).

If you have any other questions just shoot me an email!

Greg Hopper
Secretary - C&H

To unsubscribe from the mailing list, write an email to [log in to unmask] containing this message:  SIGNOFF UTCH-L