At UT-Chattanooga, our dean has worked to try to codify even creative activity. Our bylaws are publicly available on our wiki at http://wiki.lib.utc.edu/index.php/Library_Bylaws should you be interested - each item/type of work is assigned a point value. We have only just added outside reviewers for this upcoming year, which is only now becoming regular practice at UTC. Our Bylaws allow for librarians to weight their activities toward writing/research or professional service, which allows for some flexibility. Each department and College has their own Bylaws; ours are not compared to theirs (though we tend to have better documentation, which helps when tenure votes are called into question.)

Warmly,

Colleen S. Harris-Keith

[log in to unmask]<mailto:stauff[log in to unmask]>

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
--T.S. Eliot, "Choruses from The Rock"