Forwarded with a technical glitch.  --gw
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:56:20 -0500
From: Scott Barker <[log in to unmask]>
To: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: most demanding courses in LIS

I think this is an insulting question to be honest, and one of the reasons
why many, if not most faculty at top Information Schools today don't
bother reading JESSE.  This constant questioning of the quality of the
field, when many iSchools are growing in centrality and importance is just
tiresome.

In our case, I don't know if it is our most demanding course, but I do
think the final capstone experience that all of our graduates (undergrads
in Informatics, MLIS, and our Master of Science in Information Management
students) must complete, is awesome.

Here is a 3 minute video that shows just a tiny sample of the great work
our students do.  You can't tell me these projects aren't challenging,
creative, and so on.

https://ischool.uw.edu/videos/capstone-2013

Scott Barker
Information School, University of Washington