Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:39:18 -0500
From: "Taylor, Joan B" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: most demanding courses in LIS

My students probably wish I assigned two page exercises in lieu of the
15-20 page papers I assign and I have never given a multiple choice exam.
Admittedly I often replace the final exam with a large project but I have
given an essay test now and then. Our syllabi are not available for
general consumption so you may not have UIowa in the mix here, but I doubt
any of our classes meet your description. Also, our students are required
to present on an original research project to graduate, but that
culminating piece is not represented in a specific syllabus as it is not
tied to a single course.

Thanks,
Joan
Joan Bessman Taylor