Good Morning,

The following information about possible tutoring opportunities was sent to the department. Please research before exploring any opportunities with this organization.

Ron Kalafsky

From: Burt Mason [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 5:31 PM
To: Galyon, Norma June
Subject: Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi Norma,

I found your name on the Geography website and I'm hoping you can help me. I am a Program Coordinator at a private tutoring company called Cardinal Scholars, and we are seeking Geography Students who are extremely academically successful but also strong role models, to tutor students in K-12 in the greater Knoxville area.  We aim to recruit students who are well-rounded academically and involved in the community.

Do you have an email group or listserv for the Geography Students? I've included more information below. I would appreciate it if you forward this to any students who may be interested in applying, or point me in the direction of someone else who can help me.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best,

Burt

Join our platform!

Cardinal Scholars is an in-home and online tutoring marketplace that gives exceptional tutors affiliated with top universities the chance to be matched with elementary, middle, and high school students in need of additional academic support. We now offer our services to the Knoxville area and seek tutors who meet the following criteria:

· Are fantastic teachers and have experience teaching others.

· Are academically curious and intelligent.

· Attend or have graduated from U Tennessee as either an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.

By creating a profile you seize the opportunity to be matched with a client if your services are requested!

The benefits include:

· Freedom to set your own schedule (we expect you to be taking classes yourself!).

· Competitive compensation starting at $20/hr.

· Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate your help.

We hope you become part of our education platform and join tutors from institutions such as Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, and now U Tennessee!

Coming on board as a tutor is not a guarantee of immediate tutoring work, but offers the opportunity to be considered for an assignment if we receive a tutoring request in your area for in person tutoring and/or around the country for online tutoring.

Interested? Please go here to apply: http://www.cardinalscholars.com/apply.php

To learn more about our company, visit: http://cardinalscholars.com

Best,

Burt