Dear Geography students:

Charles J. Blalock, who is SGA Government Affairs Co-Director, has asked me to circulate the announcement below regarding some proposed actions by state leaders to reshape the use of student fees. Mr. Blalock and others at SGA have organized a counter-petition.  I am circulating this email to you in the spirit of providing information.  The Department of Geography is not officially advocating a position on the issue.
Best wishes,
DA

UT students:
Tennessee State Legislators are trying to control your student fees.  Protect your First Amendment, your autonomy, and your money!  Let Nashville know that you support student control of student fees and sign this petition:  http://sga.utk.edu/petition/public/.
For more information on this matter see this UT Advocacy article:  http://advocacy.tennessee.edu/tag/sb1608/

Student Fees, Student Freedom,
Your SGA Government Affairs Committee