ALA Midwinter - YALSA Research Committee Event

YALSA Research Forum

Friday, January 24, 3:00-4:00pm

Pennsylvania Convention Center 103A

Please join us for this session facilitated by the YALSA Research Committee.  We will introduce an ongoing project of our committee: an environmental scan and curated collection of existing data sets about the lives of young people.  We’re interested in connecting these topics - library use, social media and technology, health, education, literacy, college preparation, and others - to YA library services.

Following some brief sharing on the project, participants will gather in break-out groups to explore ways this research may relate to or inform young adult library programs and services. The session will conclude with a group debriefing.

Thank you for your consideration, and hope to see you there!

Rebecca Morris, MLIS, PhD

Assistant Professor

Department of Library and Information Studies

The University of North Carolina at Greensboro

School of Education Building, PO Box 26170

Greensboro, NC 27402-6170