San Jose Gateway PhD Online Open House

Did you resolve to get serious about earning your PhD? Do you know someone who’s been considering a PhD? We’re just a few weeks into the New Year, and now is the time to get on the path to make it happen.

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science (SJSU SLIS) is hosting an online information session for the San Jose Gateway PhD program, an international doctoral program offered in a partnership between SJSU SLIS and Queensland University of Technology (QUT), one of Australia’s top 10 research institutions.

The online open house is a great way to learn more about the San Jose Gateway PhD program. Faculty, alumni, and current students will host the virtual open house. As a participant, you'll learn more about:

Please join us on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, from 5:30 - 6:30 pm Pacific Time. Space is limited, so we have plenty of time to answer your questions. Reserve your spot! Once you sign up, we'll email you the link to join the live information session.

RSVP YES

The information session will be held online via Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing. Don't worry if you don't have any experience using Blackboard – we'll walk you through how to use it. You can also reference our Open House Tech Prep Guide.

In the meantime, we encourage you to download the San Jose Gateway PhD brochure and visit our website to learn more about this unique doctoral program.

We launched the San Jose Gateway PhD program in 2008, and we’re proud to announce that a total of five students have now earned their doctorates, and 13 students are currently engaged in research that will benefit our profession and discipline. We invite you to read their research profiles and dissertations.

We are currently accepting applications for admission. The first application deadline is March 21, 2014. For your convenience, we have provided an application overview on our website that begins with identifying your research interests and filling out the information request form.

If you have any questions about the San Jose Gateway PhD program, please email Dr. Cheryl Stenstrom, assistant coordinator for the San Jose Gateway PhD program.

Mark Your Calendar:

·         Online Information Session: February 5, 2014

·         Application Deadlines: March 21, 2014 and April 4, 2014

See us at these Upcoming Events:

·         SJSU SLIS Reception at ALA Midwinter Meeting

·         SJSU SLIS Reception at OLA Super Conference

About SJSU SLIS

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science (SJSU SLIS) is a recognized leader in online learning and is a member of the Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) and Quality Matters. In 2013, the SJSU information school received the Sloan-C Effective Practice Award in recognition of its effective use of the Sloan-C Quality Scorecard for the Administration of Online Education Programs.

In addition to the San Jose Gateway PhD program, SJSU SLIS offers the following online educational programs:

·         Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)

·         Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA)

·         Post-Master's Certificate in Library and Information Science

·         Teacher Librarian Program