GRC:

For those that are located in/near Gainesville, Florida USA, I will be delivering two presentations on ranaviruses next Monday (3 Feb) and Tuesday (4 Feb):

3 Feb (4:00 pm): Ranaviruses: Cry Wolf or Real Threat? (see link below)

http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/MGray_UFFlyer1.pdf

4 Feb (11:30-12:30 pm): Ecology of Ranaviruses: State of Understanding (same location as 3 Feb)

If you have the opportunity to attend, please do.  Tom Waltzek is the University of Florida (UF) contact organizing these talks (http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/about-the-college/faculty-directory/thomas-b-waltzek/).  I believe that UF also is podcasting the presentations, so there may be an opportunity to listen remotely in real-time or later.  Tom will have details.

If you are presenting on ranaviruses, we encourage that you share the topic, location, date and time information with the GRC LISTSERV.  One of our goals is to facilitate communication among professionals and students studying ranaviruses.  Once the new website is created (hopefully prior to April!), we'll have a "Current News" section that will have announcements and highlight recent GRC accomplishments.

All the Best--- Matt

Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D.

Director, Global Ranavirus Consortium
Center for Wildlife Health

University of Tennessee
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563
865.974.2740 [ofc]
865.974.4714 [fax]
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/personnel/mgray.htm

For more information about Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries at UTK,
Please visit
http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/ or call 865.974.7126