Club Geographers,

The following info was sent to Dr Alderman. Note that this program would cost at least $5500.

Ron Klafsky

From: Anh-Thi Mouradov [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 3:39 PM
To: Alderman, Derek
Subject: Quick Request <Respond by Monday> Nashville Teaching Fellows.

Dear Derek Alderman,

I hope your new year is off to a good start!  My name is Anh-Thi and I work for a non-profit called Nashville Teaching Fellows.  As Department Head & Professor of the Geography department at UT-Knoxville, I am hoping you might help us identify graduates (both grad and undergrad) majoring - or have coursework - in Geography who could be great teachers in science or math.

We know that many of your seniors are looking for jobs in a tough market, and we can provide a career with more job security, backed by a mission to help improve our most high-need public schools in the most under-served communities.

I hope that you would be willing to take 1 minute to help with any or all of the following:

1.       Forwarding the short program description below to your students graduating by June 2014.

2.       Sending to me any student names whom you feel could be a good fit for our program.

3.       Scheduling a 5-minute phone call with me to tell you more about our program, so you can be better informed when speaking with your students about our career opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from you, and many thanks in advance for your help!

Anh-Thi

Nashville Teaching Fellows

Transform yourself into a high-impact career in teaching.  Learn more here.

Nashville Teaching Fellows are accomplished professionals and recent graduates who commit to becoming exceptional teachers in Nashville’s highest-need schools.  With hands-on training, Teaching Fellows develop the skills to hit the ground running on day one and continue improving for years to come.

Great teachers have a huge and lasting impact on students’ lives, and students grappling with the challenges of poverty need great teachers most. That’s why our program is so selective –in 2013, only 8% of all Teaching Fellows applicants successfully met our standards for admission, training and entry into the classroom.

We seek outstanding candidates with the dedication to become outstanding teachers – apply online by January 20, 2014 to join the ranks of this elite group of educators.

Anh-Thi Mouradov

Recruitment Associate

Nashville Teaching Fellows

TNTP

(301) 291-5341 | [log in to unmask] | tntpteachingfellows.org/nashville – Apply Now!

facebook • linkedin • twitter • blog

It’s time to take first-year teaching seriously. Read how we’re doing it. Leap Year

“The rigorous training showed me that no matter where we come from or what our circumstances are, we can achieve at high levels. All it takes is dedication, discipline, and competent and dedicated instructors to lead the way”

-2011 Nashville Teaching Fellow