Dear students,
FYI please. Some of you may be interested in the following events on "The Mystical Arts of Tibet".
Best,

Madhuri Sharma

From: Joe, Margaux Jessica [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:45 AM
To: Sharma, Madhuri
Subject: CAC Presents The Mystical Arts of Tibet

Hello Professor Sharma,

My name is Margaux Joe and I am a member of UT’s Cultural Attractions Committee (CAC) within Central Programming Council (CPC). I would like to inform you about one of our events this semester. The Mystical Arts of Tibet will be coming to UT’s Campus from February 10-14, 2014. Please pass this information along to any colleagues, friends, family, or students that you think this may interest. Many professors give out extra credit to those who participate in any UT events that correspond to their class. There will be three different lectures and a dance performance. The full schedule is provided below:

MONDAY (Feb. 10): Opening Ceremony in the UC Auditorium at 12:00pm with the creation of the sand mandala following immediately after the ceremony until 4:00pm

TUESDAY (Feb. 11): “The History of Diaspora lecture in the UC Auditorium” at 12:00pm and the sand mandala creation in the UC Room 227 from 12:00-4:00pm

WEDNESDAY (Feb. 12): “Opening the Heart: Arousing the Mind of the Universal Kindness” lecture at the I-house at 12:00pm, creation of the sand mandala in UC Room 227 from 12:00-4:00pm, “Sacred Music Sacred Dance for World Healing Performance”* at the Bijou Theatre at 7:30pm

THURSDAY (Feb. 13): “The Symbolism of the Sand Mandala” lecture in the UC Auditorium at 12:00pm, sand mandala creation in UC Room 227 from 12:00-4:00pm

FRIDAY (Feb. 14): creation of the sand mandala in UC Room 227 from 10:00am-12:00pm, Closing Ceremony in the UC Auditorium at 12:00 pm

*All events are FREE to UT students, however, UT ID is required for entry.

*Tickets for the Sacred Music Sacred Dance performance for the general public are $14.75 including applicable fees. Tickets can be purchased from Central Ticket Office, the Tennessee Theatre Box Office, or online at knoxvilletickets.com (also please note that students purchasing tickets online must go through the student portal).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. CAC would greatly appreciate your attendance at any or all of the events put on by the Mystical Arts of Tibet!

Thanks,

Margaux Joe