Greetings,
   Tweets and academic / scientific scholarship are not two topics that I
think about together. IMHO the first is based on chit-chat, the second on
a formal language of and culture of science.  Not exactly compatible.
But here is an article that tries to do so.
   Just offered as something for reviewers, journal editors, scholarly
writers, and others to think about.

   Would I welcome the twitter format and structure to comment on my latest
writing project?  Sure. A few hundred characters on a particular point
would be welcomed.
   Would I welcome the twitter content/style of writing (I just got up from
my nap etc. or OOOHOO I like this!!!) on my latest writing project? Nope.

   Just something to think about.

   --gw

Gretchen Whitney, PhD, Retired
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN 37996 USA           [log in to unmask]
http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/
jESSE:http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/jesse.html
SIGMETRICS:http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigmetrics.html