Dear Geographers:

I am very pleased to inform you that Kurt Butefish, Coordinator of the Tennessee Geographic Alliance, is a winner of the “Chinese Culture in My Eyes” Photo Contest sponsored by the Confucius Institute.  Congratulations to Kurt!

The Confucius Institute will host an Awards Reception at 3:30 PM on Monday. December 2, 1013 in the Community Room of the International House to honor the winners.  All winning photos will be on display and light refreshments will be served.  A list of the winners is included in the attachment.  Please join us at the reception to congratulate the winners, especially our own Kurt!

Best regards,

Shih-Lung

Dr. Shih-Lung Shaw (萧世伦)

Director of Confucius Institute &

Alvin and Sally Beaman Professor of Geography

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

美国田纳西大学孔子学院

Phone: 865-974-6036

Email: [log in to unmask]