Hey Canoe & Hikers,

A quick refresher to those who need to sign up on the go system:

This year the "Sport Clubs Release Form" has to be filled out on the GoSystem.  This form is located under the "Forms" tab on the "Canoe & Hiking" GoSystem page.

Also if you are reading this from the Facebook page and did not receive this email from the UTCH Listserv here are instructions as to how to sign up for the Listserv:

Sign up for our email list (LISTSERV). You can do this by sending(without the quotation marks): "SUB UTCH-L (YOUR FULL NAME HERE)" to [log in to unmask]

If you weren't able to make it to the meeting tonight here is what you missed.

November 9 - Cancelled due to the dam not releasing water
Kayaking Lower Pigeon
Come to the meeting or contact Leslie Turner for more info.

November 9
Geocaching Day Hike at Viking Mountain in Greenville, TN
9:30 Leave Knoxville for Viking Mountain in Greenville, TN (
Viking Mountain Rd Greeneville, TN 37743)
11:30 Arrive at Viking Mountain and begin to hike and locate numerous geocaches, eating lunch on trail
4:30-6:00 Leave Viking Mountain for Knoxville depending on how long we want to hike
6:30-8:00 Arrive back in Knoxville, possibly stopping for dinner on way back
Come to the meeting or contact Leslie Turner for more info.

November 10 - Not an official trip
Mt. Leconte Day Hike

Contact Kyle Goodrick for more information.

November 16-17
Virgin Falls

Virgin Falls is 1,157-acre natural area located adjacent to the Bridgestone Firestone Centennial Wilderness in White County. The natural area is named for Virgin Falls, which is formed by an underground stream that emerges from a cave, then drops over a 110-foot high cliff before disappearing into another cave at the bottom of the sink. The area is noted for its unique geological features and several  other waterfalls including Big Laurel, Sheep Cave Falls, and Big Branch Falls.

The Virgin Falls Trail is around 4.5 miles one way with 900ft drop/gain in elevation and is rate as a moderate/strenuous hike.

The packing list and itinerary are also located under the "Documents" tab on the Canoe & Hiking GoSystem page.

Come the meeting for more info.

November 24
Indian Grave Point Caving

Come to the meeting or contact Kyle Goodrick for more information.

Have a suggestion for a trip?  Let us know at least 2 weeks in advance to get your trip approved.  You can email me or come to the meetings.  Meetings are Wednesday's at 6:30PM outside HSS at the bull statue (In HSS when inclement weather/cold outside).

If you have any other questions just shoot me an email!

Greg Hopper
Secretary - C&H

To unsubscribe from the mailing list, write an email to [log in to unmask] containing this message:  SIGNOFF UTCH-L