Know anyone who'd be a great librarian? Looking to retool or refresh your own skill set? Interested in learning more about current topics in library and information science?

Dominican University GSLIS is offering new opportunities to take graduate-level courses for credit current MLIS holders and those in any related field who wish to increase their knowledge of current topics in LIS. This opportunity is also available for those with a bachelor's degree interested in sampling the LIS field, so please share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested.

Registration is open now for student-at-large status in several spring 2014 courses (the spring semester begins 1/8/14) that focus on youth services, technology, and other topics without applying to the university:
Up to six semester hours earned as a student-at-large may be applied toward a degree or a certificate if the student subsequently wishes to apply to GSLIS. We are excited about our new course delivery options, including 1.5 credit-hour courses, and a new one this spring: LIS 796 Special Topics: International Children's Book Fair, which takes students to the Bologna Children's Book Fair with Butler Children's Literature Center curator Thom Barthelmess. There are no seats available for Bologna, but this course is part of a new GSLIS initiative to increase student participation and involvement in international book fairs. Planning is under way for special topics courses for the Guadalajara and Frankfurt book fairs; stay tuned for future announcements!

For course descriptions, please visit gslis.dom.edu/academics/courses.

To register for one of the courses listed above, please visit gslis.dom.edu/admission (scroll down to the "Student-at-Large" section) and download, complete, and submit the registration form and the student-at-large permission form.

We look forward to seeing you this spring at GSLIS!
--Diane, [log in to unmask], 708-524-6054

Diane Foote
Assistant Dean, GSLIS
Dominican University
7900 W. Division St.