Please excuse duplicate postings.
Call for Papers and Posters: Fourth Annual International Conference on Information & Religion
“Information Management in Religious Organizations”
June 5 & 6, 2014, at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Nov. 30, 2013: Deadline to submit proposals
Featuring a keynote address by Kenneth Inskeep, Ph.D., Director, Research and Evaluation, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and co-author of Chasing Down a Rumor: The Death of Mainline Denominations
The Center for the Study of Information and Religion (CSIR) will host its Fourth Annual International Conference on Information and
Religion in spring/summer of 2014. This call for papers and posters seeks original contributions in a variety of areas in which scholars are exploring the intersections of religion and information. Topics related to information management in religious organizations
might include (but are not limited to) research in the following areas:
• The use of information for strategic planning, policy development, congregational support, to add value to membership, etc., in religious organizations;
• The application of information science/management principles for efficient, timely, and accurate research;
• Uses of information technology for management of information in religious organizations and/or within the religious service;
• Information management, database management and/or content management in church libraries;
• The use of social media in youth ministry;
• Privacy and security issues in information management for religious organizations;
• Uses of information by congregation members;
• Dissemination of information by religious organizations;
• Defining and interpreting data and information in communicating about the organization;
• Autoethnography as a research method in religious organizations;
• The use of investigative or observational research and its impact on the religious service;
Prospective participants are encouraged to submit abstracts that report on recent research and scholarship. Contributions to this call for papers should not have been previously published. Poster presentations are also welcome. There are no restrictions on research methodology.
Abstracts will be considered for acceptance only when they are submitted on the PROPOSAL FORM before the deadline. Forms should be completed per instructions and emailed to [log in to unmask].
Once selected, presenters are responsible for their own expenses related to the conference, including but not limited to registration fees, lodging, transportation and meals.
STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
For more information, visit http://www.kent.edu/slis/research/csir/annual-conference-on-information-and-religion.cfm.