The Fall 2013 issue of Prism: the newsletter from the ALA Office for Accreditation is now available at http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/accreditation/prp/prism/prism_current.cfm. This message is being sent to a number of our constituent groups. I apologize that you may receive multiple messages.

In this issue:

·         Accreditation actions taken at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference

·         Update on the Standards review process

·         COA Chair Barbara Moran shares her perspective on the standards review process and constituent input

·         A look at the how the Office for Accreditation responds to inquiries

·         2014 ALA Midwinter Meeting sessions: COA program on the revised draft standards, ERP Chair training, and AASL/CAEP (formerly NCATE) training

·         An update on the transition of NCATE and TEAC into CAEP

·         Acknowledgement of External Review Panelists and AASL/NCATE reviewers from Spring 2013 reviews

·         AASL/NCATE National Recognition decisions from spring 2013

Laura Dare, Assistant Director

Office for Accreditation

American Library Association

50 E. Huron St.