In light of the current discussion of Dr. Wynar's legacy and also in light of the other fairly recent losses of other pioneers in our field, many of whom have had awards named after them to keep their names alive, may I suggest that the boards of directors of ALISE, ALA, ASIST, and any other professional organizations who give such awards provide a paragraph of description about the person for whom the award was named on their awards web pages or directories.  For a field that prides itself on the organization, dissemination, and preservation of recorded knowledge in all its forms, we are surprisingly lax about preserving our own history.

Linda R. Most, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Assistant Program Director
MLIS Program, Valdosta State University
1500 North Patterson Street, Odum 4600
Valdosta GA 31698
229-245-6534 (voice)