---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 12:49:36 -0500
From: Richard Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RDAP14 CFP and Registration Open

REMINDER: RDAP14 Call for Proposals and Registration Open

Research Data Access and Preservation Summit 2014

March 26-28, 2014
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, San Diego, CA

RDAP14, the fifth annual Research Data Access and Preservation Summit, is accepting proposals (max. 300 words) for two panels, interactive posters, and lightning talks. Themes for RDAP14 were selected by this year?s planning committee with input from previous years? attendees and RDAP community members.

Important Dates
November 25, 2013: Panel Presentations Submissions Due
December 16, 2013: Interactive Posters and Lightning Talks Submissions Due
February 14, 2014: Early Bird Registration Ends
March 26-28, 2014: RDAP14 Conference and Workshops

Panel Presentations

We are seeking panelists for the following topics:

Developing and implementing institutional policies for research data: ownership, preservation, and compliance.

This panel will discuss approaches institutions have taken to develop and implement policies for a variety of issues related to research data, including ownership, copyright, commercialization, privacy, embargoes, access controls, sharing, reuse, and preservation.

Building data curation/management services on a shoestring budget.

This panel will discuss how to quickly start up data curation/management services with limited resources from the perspective of institutions that have recently done so in response to funding agency policies and/or other external factors.

Interactive Posters and Lightning Talks

We are soliciting posters and lightning talks on any of the following themes:

Institutional policies for research data
Building/expanding research data services
Collaboration or tension between units involved with research data
Institutional responses to government policies/guidelines concerning research data
Systems/strategies for full-lifecycle research data curation
Tools developed and/or used for data curation/management
Digital preservation
Data citation and reuse
Data repositories (institutional/disciplinary/other)
Education and training for research data management/curation

Submit your 300 word (maximum) summary or abstract, along with any supplementary documentation, for Panel Presentations by November 25, 2013. Submissions for Interactive Posters and (Seven Minute) Lightning Talks are due December 16, 2013. Submit your proposals for RDAP14 here: http://www.softconf.com/asis/rdap-14/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit

In addition to the topics covered in the call, the RDAP14 program will include keynote speakers, hands-on workshops, and curated panels on:

Inter-unit collaboration and tension around research data services
NSF DataNet project updates

More details on the program coming soon!

View previous RDAP presentations and posters on our Slideshare site. Links to previous Summits? programs, videos and articles in the ASIS&T Bulletin are available on our RDAP Past Events page.

Keep up with RDAP news by joining our Listserv, following us on Twitter or visiting our Facebook page. For questions, contact [log in to unmask] We look forward to hearing from you!

----------------------------------

Andrew Johnson

RDAP14 Program Chair

.

Richard Hill
Executive Director
Association for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900