---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:53:24 -0500
From: Sue Easun <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Bohdan Wynar RIP (fwd)

Apologies if I contributed to that impression, Karla. I meant to offer
clarification, but can see where I might sound flippant.

LU and Scarecrow, two companies with whom I had the good fortune to work,
were pioneers in library science publishing.  They were nearly polar
opposite in terms of approach, and both are with us yet.

Wynar was the first to recognize the importance of textbooks in our field,
and always stood by his titles and their authors during the lean years of
course packs. He set a standard for editorial quality that was certainly
in effect during my time.

SueE