Greetings all,
   Is this the best obit that this discipline can come up with for Bohdan
Wynar?  I recall reading his stuff in the 1970s, so he must have done
something significant or I would not have been assigned his work to read.
   He wrote a pile of collection development texts. Check Google.
   There are people winning ALISE research competitions named after this
guy, but I have no idea why.  The awards don't say.  But he must have done
something significant to have awards given away in respect for his work.
I just don't know what it was, and there is no common thread to the
awards.
   According to goodreads.com he has 62 books to his credit. It appears
that he mostly made lists of good reference books.
   For the 1990s and before, that's not a bad record of accomplishment.
   And he was founder of _Libraries Unlimited_. a publishing house. Not an
insignificant accomplishment.

   Can anyone provide a better obit for this gentleman and contributor to
LIS?  Wikipedia provides nothing, neither does Google.

   The family can do what they want to do.  But the discipline ought to
record his ideas and contributions to the discipline. IMHO, and make them
accessible through resources such as the Web or permanent discussion lists
for others to find.

   Is this how you would like to be remembered?  "He/she croaked tonite.
Send flowers."

    --gw

Gretchen Whitney, PhD, Retired
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN 37996 USA           [log in to unmask]
http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/
jESSE:http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/jesse.html
SIGMETRICS:http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigmetrics.html