Today's Federal Register includes a notice from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) detailing the draft initial designation of the highway Primary Freight Network (PFN).  Relevant maps and tables are posted on the FHWA Freight website, linked below.  A 30-day comment period on the draft designation will end on December 19, 2013.

We are seeking input from all interested parties.  Please review the methodology outlined in the notice, maps and tables and provide written input to the docket (as described in the notice).  We encourage you to share this email broadly across your network.

As a supplement to the notice, FHWA will host two Talking Freight webinars on the draft highway PFN.  The first one is scheduled for tomorrow, November 20.  The presentation will be repeated on Friday, December 6.  Below are web links to register for a webinar and for other highway PFN information:

Federal Register Notice: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/19/2013-27520/designation-of-the-primary-freight-network

Maps and Tables - http://www.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/infrastructure/pfn/index.htm

FHWA Talking Freight webinars:  http://www.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/fpd/talking_freight/index.htm

Thank you.  We look forward to your comments.

Caitlin Hughes Rayman
Director, Office of Freight Management and Operations
Federal Highway Administration
US Department of Transportation
Washington, DC 20590
Office: (202) 493-0457