Dear Communicators:

For writers and editors, editorial guidelines are invaluable resources for successful communications. In addition to preferred style guides—AP for media releases and news announcements, Chicago for publications and electronic communications—UT has its own set of editorial guidelines unique to us. When should you capitalize "commencement"? How should you refer to the chancellor? Which is the proper spelling of "advisor"? Consistency across campus in these instances and others helps form a cohesive voice for the university that benefits us all.

On Friday, December 6, at 9:30 a.m., members of the Office of Communications and Marketing will host a workshop and Q&A on the university's editorial style. The one-hour session will meet in Room 305 of the Haslam Business Building. No reservation is required.

The workshop will provide an overview of the university's editorial guidelines and available resources. We will discuss common mistakes and how to avoid them. The Q&A will allow you to ask questions of our editors about the university's style.

We look forward to seeing you on the 6th,
Jacob

________________________________

JACOB RUDOLPH
Marketing Director

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building

communications.utk.edu

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html