From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of B.G. Sloan [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bridging the LIS/Library Divide

Library Journal article by Michael Stephens, Assistant Professor at the School of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University. Lead paragraph reads:

"It’s a song you may have heard before. Are the majority of educators out of touch with the realities of the professions they support, including those in LIS? How do we prepare our students for a rapidly changing field?"

Bernie Sloan