Dear geography majors,

Did you know that undergraduates are eligible to sign up for graduate courses?  Yes, it's true.  You need the permission of the instructor, but many faculty in geography, including me, welcome advanced undergrads in their 500-level courses.  Taking a graduate course as an undergraduate can look rather impressive on your resume, and give faculty writing letters of recommendation for you something to crow about. Of course, you want to choose a graduate course for which you've had some relevant background.

If you have taken one of my 400-level courses, or are in Geography 439 now, I invite you to consider taking my Geography 530 course, to be offered on Wednesday afternoons during Spring 2014.  Through lectures, lab, and field work, you'll learn about pollen grains and other microfossils in sediments and the secrets they tell us about past environments.

If you have questions about the course, please contact me ([log in to unmask]).

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography