All Y’all,

You are all invited to join me tomorrow morning on a short walk in one of Knoxville’s “secret” parks (well, it’s still becoming a park).  Meet me between 8:15 and 8:30 am tomorrow at the gravel parking lot just west of the water tower on Cherokee Trail, South Knoxville.  [The hike and the water tower are just across the river from the Ag Campus. If you are on the north side of the river, take Alcoa Hwy bridge and the first exit at UT Hospital.  Drive along Cherokee Trail, past some new student condos. Park on the left (gravel parking lot) just before the top of the hill where the water tower is.]

The walk is short — less than one hour, mostly on a gravel road.  There is a remarkable view of UT and the Tennessee River from the top of a bluff, then the trail descends most of the way to the river.  There are two small lakes hidden away here, too.  I think you will be surprised to discover this little pocket of a park just across the river from UT (as far as I know, it doesn’t have a name yet).

Be virtuous — start your Saturday by stretching your legs and getting a little fresh air.  The football game doesn’t begin until 3:30, so traffic shouldn’t be a problem. Be prompt — at 8:30, I’ll be starting down the trail. If you arrive late, just walk past the gate and you’ll probably find out.  Better yet, don’t be late!
I expect to be finished by 9:30 am.

Yer faculty social coordinator,

  Carol Harden
--