FYI

Jan Allen is a good and trusted friend.  Please consider this opportunity.  Ed

From: Jan E. Allen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 1:28 PM
To: Roe, Brian J; Francisco, Linda Burton; Amy Paganelli ([log in to unmask]); Dunne, Bill; Alston, Chandra D; Peterson, Cynthia B; Webb, Dan; Belote, David J; Cortez, Ed; Byrd III, William H (Herb); Jerald Ogg ([log in to unmask]); Schommer Jr, John; Burns, Judith A (Judy); Rudolph, Marva; Badger, Nancy; Howell, Nancy; Chyka, Peter Anton; Bruce, Shannon; Sue Byrd; Bess, David T (Todd); Singarella, Thomas A; Tredway, Ron; Brown, Kennard D
Subject: Graduate "survival skills" resource: Becoming a More Productive Writer in 2013-2014

Dear Leadership Institute colleagues,

I invite you to share the invitation below with your graduate students (and others) who would benefit from our Productive Writer listserv of writing tips, strategies, and encouragement. You may recall we did this at Columbia (2006-2012) with writing tips during the semester break (and called it our BreakWriting listserv).

We now have over 8,500 subscribers (students, post-docs, and faculty) representing over 215 graduate schools in 15 countries. So feel free to share it with your graduate students. See you in November!

Best,

Jan

Jan Allen

Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs

Cornell University Graduate School, 350 Caldwell Hall

Ithaca NY 14853-2602, phone: 607.255.4603

 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Dear Graduate Students,

Do you have writing goals for your thesis, dissertation, or other writing projects in 2013-2014? Have you resolved to be a more productive writer this academic year? If so, join our community of writers by subscribing to the Productive Writer listserv to receive emails twice a month with advice and strategies for becoming a more productive writer.

Sponsored by the Cornell Graduate School, the Productive Writer is free and open to all, especially graduate students writing papers, proposals, fellowship applications, theses, and dissertations. It’s easy to join; just click here.

(http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=0017CAV_ERFAzFItvY27y25gw%3D%3D)

Later this month you will begin receiving messages, every other week, about managing your time for greater writing productivity, reducing distractions, staying motivated, revising/editing, binge writing, communicating with your advisor, dealing with writer’s block , managing procrastination and perfectionistic tendencies, and creating/maintaining a writing support group.

We hope you will join us to become a more productive writer.

Dr. Barbara A. Knuth

Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School, Cornell University

Professor, Department of Natural Resources, http://dnr.cornell.edu/

350 Caldwell Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853

Office phone:  (607) 255-7374

Jan Allen

Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs

Cornell University Graduate School

350 Caldwell Hall

Ithaca NY 14853-2602

phone: 607.255.7374