Greetings Club Geography  -

Ron Foresta and I are going camping at Cumberland Gap National Historical Park on Friday and Saturday nights, October 18-19.  That’s during fall break.  Our ultimate goal will be a day hike to the Hensley Settlement on Saturday.  Following are a couple of links to check out.

http://www.nps.gov/cuga/index.htm

http://www.nps.gov/cuga/photosmultimedia/Hensley-Settlement.htm

The park and surrounding area have a great deal to offer.  There is a very nice, full-service campground as well an excellent visitor’s center with interpretive exhibits and programs and miles of hiking trails and paved rails-to-trails and mountain biking.

If you don’t want to camp, you can come up just for the Saturday hike.  We’ll make arrangements to meet you.

Let me know if you are interested and I’ll add you to a distribution list for further information.

Thanks –

Kurt Butefish

Coordinator

Tennessee Geographic Alliance