Doctoral position in Information Studies at Lund University, Sweden.

We are seeking applications for the position of one doctoral student fellow in Information Studies at the Department of Arts and Cultural Sciences, Lund University, Sweden to start in January 2014. The official call will open 15th of September and close 4 weeks later. However, we strongly encourage those interested to begin working on their project descriptions and to update their resumes already now.

The position is connected to the project "Knowledge in the Digital World (KDW): Trust, Credibility and Relevance on the Web" http://www.kdw.lu.se, funded by the Swedish Research Council. The project is a collaboration between Information Studies and Philosophy at Lund University. The KDW project addresses issues that bear directly on how information is searched, used, communicated and assessed on the web. We focus on the role and effects of search engines, cognitive outsourcing, online monitoring and trust.

The doctoral program in Information Studies at Lund University is located at the Department of Arts and Cultural Sciences. The research environment is dynamic and growing with well-established national and international contacts. For examples of ongoing and completed projects see: http://www4.lu.se/o.o.i.s?id=21355&p=_BOA

A Swedish doctoral education lasts four years full-time. The position is a full-time employment. It is fully funded including wages, social security and entitlement to benefits.

If you are interested, please contact us for more information.

Best regards,
Olof

Olof Sundin
Professor in Information Studies