Dear Undergraduate Geographers:

I hope your fall semester is off to a good start.

I know that you are busy, but I wanted to take a moment to invite you to the Pregame Showcase lecture held tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 31).  I have the honor of kicking off the football season with a presentation ("What's in a Name?  The 'Place Politics' of Streets Named for Martin Luther King, Jr.").  I am the latest in a long line of our Geography faculty who have participated in this annual program.

The Pregame Showcase is hosted by Dean Lee of the College of Arts & Sciences and begins at 4:00 p.m. (two hours before kick-off) in room 213 of the University Center.  Everyone is invited, including students.  I would be honored to have you attend if you are available.  I have gotten a chance to meet some of you, but feel free to come up before or after the talk to introduce yourself and meet my wife, Donna.  We are excited to get to know you.

Best wishes,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Professor & Head