Hello,

Just a few reminders:

P.O. Boxes cannot be used, we must have a physical address on the I-9.

All documents must be unexpired and all List B documents must contain a
photo.

The proper way to make a correction on the I-9 Form is to line through it (NO
White Out, NO Blocking) enter the correct information, then initial and date
the correction.  ONLY the employee can make corrections to page one.

When a Citizen submits a List A Document, be sure to enter the Document
Title, Issuing Authority, Document Number and Expiration Date.

When a Non-Citizen submits List A documents be sure to enter the Document
Title, Issuing Authority, Document Number and Expiration Date.  The foreign
passport alone is not enough to complete the I-9.  Include the I-94
information and the I-20 or DS2019 document information or other types of
work permission documents.  Examples can be found on page 6 and 18 of the
Handbook for Employers (M-274)  http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/m-274.pdf

9 month hires:

The date on the I-9 certification date section should be the first physical date
of work.  This could be August 1st or another date in August.  However, the
date on the initial hire form will be 8/1/13 since this is the date they are to be
paid from.

Remember this only applies to 9 month appointments.

If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Milligan at 974-9007.

Thanks,

Connie Walden
HR