Information for Master Gardeners,

In September, acclaimed Texas horticulturist, Doug Welsh, will be leading an Educational Garden Tour to Cuba.  Though Cuba has long been off-limits to American travelers, legal travel is allowed with our special “people-to-people” license.  This trip will feature organic farms and Organopónicos, Cuba’s system of urban organic gardens. Organopónicos first arose as a community response to lack of food security after the collapse of the Soviet Union. In many ways, the Cubans are way ahead by necessity in organic and local foods systems.

Detailed information is attached and available at this link: http://www.earthboundexpeditions.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Gardens-of-Cuba-with-Doug-Welsh.pdf

We are also thrilled to announce that Doug Welsh will be hosting a garden trip to South Africa in February 2014. Cape Province, South Africa  is made up of eight protected areas, covering 553,000 hectares and  the Cape Floral Region is one of the richest areas for plants in the world. It represents less than 0.5% of the area of Africa but is home to an astonishing 20% of the continent’s flora!

Join Doug and a group of like-minded gardeners to explore this incredibly lush and dramatic country!  This trip includes visits to many gardens in Johannesburg and the Cape Town region, a stay in the Dutch colonial town of Stellenbosch and culminates with a safari in Pilanesberg National Park.  There are optional extensions to Botswana and Victoria Falls available.

Detailed information is available at this link:  http://www.earthboundexpeditions.com/february-2014-south-africa-with-doug-welsh

Thank you for your consideration. Doug and I simply wanted as many horticulturists and Master Gardeners as possible to know about these unique educational and professional development opportunities.

All the best,

Matthew

MATTHEW BRUMLEY | Founder & President
Earthbound Expeditions USA

"Remarkable Small Group Journeys"
PO Box 11305, Bainbridge Island WA 98110

Tel: (+1) 206 842 9775
Fax: (+1) 206 842 8280

www.EarthboundExpeditions.com