[https://www.regonline.com/custImages/230000/238553/TCAConf2013logo_no_txt.png]<http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventId=20988>

Tennessee Counseling Association
56th Annual Conference
November 23-26, 2013
Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro
“Counselors Making a Difference”

Call for Program Proposals

Hello everybody.  This is the final chance to submit a proposal to present at the Tennessee Counseling Association 56th Annual Conference, at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, November 23-26, 2013.    In case you needed a few more minutes to pull a polish off your proposal, we will be accepting proposals through noon, Friday, July 19.  If you have been considering a proposal, we hope you are able to use the morning on Tuesday to finish your submission.

In hopes of inspiring you to pull that proposal together, I have been sending along reasons to submit a presentation proposal.

  *   Reason #10:  Conference presenters will receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.
  *   Reason #9:  Presentations become data for your resume, portfolio, or marketing materials.
  *   Reason #8: "If you become a teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught."
  *   Reason #7:  You can be a card collector and trader.
  *   Reason #6: The best way to learn about something is to teach it.
  *   Reason #5: You will help improve our field.
  *   Reason #4:  Presenting helps you stand out from the crowd.

The final three reasons to submit a proposal include:

  *   Reason #3: Presenting will give you a sense of accomplishment.  If you have been wanting to present at a conference before, this is an excellent opportunity to finally do so.  And once you have shared your knowledge with your fellow counselors, it is a chance to pat yourself on the back.
  *   Reason #2: Conference presentations can be transformed into articles or future presentations.  In this way, your presentation has a life beyond this years conference.  Presentations make excellent outlines for journal articles, and they can always be revised and updated for future conferences.  You just need to make that first step.
  *   And Reason #1:  By presenting at TCA, you will make a difference!!

Our theme this year is “Counselors Making a Difference”.  This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise with your peers.  We welcome all proposals, clinical or school counselors, professionals or students, researchers or practitioners.  Diversity of presentations is a hallmark of the TCA conference, and we hope this will be the biggest and best conference yet. So please take a few minutes and submit the attached form.

Deadline:  Submissions must be received by Noon Eastern, July 19, 2013.  Notification of proposal acceptance will be sent by Sept. 15, 2013.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Andy Finch
2013 TCA Proposal Review Committee Chair
Associate Professor of the Practice of Human & Organizational Development
Vanderbilt University
[log in to unmask]<https:[log in to unmask]>

Call-for-Proposals_2013-1.pdf<https://www.regonline.com/custImages/230000/238553/Call-for-Proposals_2013-1.pdf>
Call-for-Proposals_2013-1.doc<https://www.regonline.com/custImages/230000/238553/Call-for-Proposals_2013-1.doc>

To view the SMC archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/smc.html