 Dominican University GSLIS is pleased to announce that effective July 15,
2013, Kate Marek, Professor, assumed the role of GSLIS Interim Dean. Marek
will fill the position vacated by Dean Susan Roman, who served as dean for
eight years.

Marek earned her BA from the University of Texas at Austin, her MLIS from
Dominican University and her PhD from Emporia (Kansas) State University.
She worked in a variety of library settings before beginning her teaching
career at Dominican in 1999. Her recent publications include *Using Web
Analytics in the Library* (2011) and *Organizational Storytelling for
Librarians: Using Stories for Effective Leadership* (2010).

“It is an exciting time to serve in a leadership position in the field of
library and information science education,” says Marek. “The rapid pace of
technological change results in an ever-increasingly complex information
environment, and I look forward to ensuring that our programs continue to
prepare our students to excel in this profession.”

Marek has been involved with online teaching and research in online
pedagogy since 2006 and continues to be active in the expansion of the
GSLIS technology curriculum as well as with university online teaching
development. She was named the first Dominican University Borra Technology
Fellow in 2011, a program which supports research in the uses of technology
in face-to-face and online courses. Her academic areas of interest include
information policy and technology developments in information services,
including digital libraries and Internet applications.

Dominican University’s GSLIS is distinguished by innovative practice and
research and has been educating future library leaders and information
professionals since the 1930s. The school offers an American Library
Association–accredited master's degree in library and information science,
a master of professional studies degree, specialized certificates and a
doctoral degree in library and information science. Visit gslis.dom.edu.