The School of Library and Information Studies at the University of Oklahoma is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Kun Lu, PhD to our faculty as an Assistant Professor of Information Storage and Retrieval beginning August 16, 2013.

Dr. Lu obtained his PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Information Studies in August 2012. Upon graduation he became an Associate Professor in the School of Information Management at Wuhan University in Wuhan, Hubei, China.

His research interests include: information retrieval system design and evaluation, applied informetrics for information retrieval, data mining, and the organization of information.  The results of Dr. Lu’s research on the effectiveness of social tagging on information retrieval with M. Kipp have been accepted for publication in a forthcoming issue of the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. His research findings have also appeared in the Journal of Biomedical Informatics, the Journal of Informetrics, and Cybermetrics.

For a complete list of Dr. Lu’s publications please click to: http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/Kun.Lu-1/

This Fall Dr. Lu will be teaching LIS4063/LIS5063 Information and Communication Technology for OU SLIS.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming Dr. Lu to campus!

Cecelia Brown
Professor & Director
OU-SLIS
Connecting People to Information Since 1929
401 W Brooks, Room 120
Norman, OK  73019-6032
Voice: 405.325.3921
FAX: 405.325.7648