Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:39:56 -0400
From: Suzanne Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>

I think it also needs to be noted that not all adjuncts are fully employed
elsewhere. Some are trying to make a living by teaching as an adjunct
while they look for that ever-more-elusive tenure track position.

I suggest that the two groups differ in how they view the importance of
student evaluations. Whether that affects their teaching -- that is
something that needs to be studied.

There may be yet another group of retirees and others who choose to work
only part-time, who are not depending on the money to live and have no
long-term career goals.

Suzanne M. Stauffer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Louisiana State University
277 Coates Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
(225)578-1461
Fax: (225)578-4581

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

--T.S. Eliot, "Choruses from The Rock"