Colleagues,

Kudos to Dr. Alderman on his excellent opinion piece (perspective) on the misguided revisions of the State Social Studies standards, which appeared in yesterday's Knoxville News-Sentinel.  If you missed it or don't subscribe, you can read it online here:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/jul/20/derek-alderman-dont-dilute-geography-standards/

If you are contacting folks about this issue per Kurt's request, and want to include a copy of Derek's column, feel free to use the attached pdf I made for that purpose.

Sincerely,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography