Dear Max,

Please note you can also access our series of webinars on preparing for
doctoral study (featuring many of the same panelists) at
http://www.ala.org/offices/diversity/spectrum/phd.   Over 100 people
attended these 4 online discussions and many more have accessed the
archives; we definitely agree with your observation about having access
to this information widely available.

And I encourage you to consider joining our online community at
http://connect.ala.org/node/168881; we will continue build this network
and encourage LIS doctoral programs to utilize the online network to
promote their programs and funding opportunities.

The ALA Office for Diversity has also provided free access to any
doctoral degree seekers in the Chicago area who cannot otherwise attend
the ALA conference but who would like to use this chance to discuss
doctoral degree options face-to-face with participating programs.

Please feel free to share this message with the lists you copied as I am
not subscribed to all of them.   Best wishes!

Gwendolyn Prellwitz

Office for Diversity & Spectrum

American Library Association

50 E. Huron St.