*Apologies for any cross postings.*

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the 2013 iSchool Inclusion Institute
(i3)<http://www.ischool-inclusion.org>is officially underway. i3 is an
undergraduate research and leadership
development program that prepares students from underrepresented
populations for graduate study and careers in the information sciences.
Each year 20 undergraduate students from across the country are selected to
become i3 Scholars. Those students undertake a year-long experience that
includes two summer institutes held at the University of Pittsburgh's
School of Information Sciences and a year-long, virtual team research
project.

*2013 i3 Scholars: **June 2-28, 2013
*
*Opportunities in the Information Sciences
*
This year's i3 Scholars are an impressive group representing 15 colleges
and universities in 12 different states/territories. A full roster for the
2013 i3 cohort is available
here<http://www.ischool-inclusion.org/i3-cohorts/2013/profiles.html>.
i3 Scholars will be participating in over 35 academic, professional
development, and social activities designed to highlight graduate and
research opportunities in the information sciences.

*2012 i3 Scholars: June 15-28, 2013*
*Gaining Research Experience*

Also this month we will be celebrating the 2012 i3 Scholars and their
completion of their year-long research
projects<http://www.ischool-inclusion.org/i3-cohorts/2012/research-projects.html>.
The 2012 cohort will present their projects at the end of the Concluding
Institute (June 15-28, 2013). Many thanks to our faculty and staff members
who served as research advisors over the past year; and congratulations to
the 2012 cohort for their hard work and perseverance.

For news and updates, follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/i3info>&
Twitter <https://twitter.com/i3program>.
**
*
*
*The iSchool Inclusion Institute (i3) is hosted by the University of
Pittsburgh's School of Information Sciences and is supported by the Andrew
W. Mellon Foundation.*

*--
Michael Depew**
**